Search This Blog

Saturday 3 September 2016

Second and Final bulk purchases in preparation for Baby~

Okay, so I attended the last TCE Fair at SACC, Shah Alam on 26 August 2016 with my mom and mom-in-law (thank goodness for this 3-woman army!) to grab some remaining stuffs that I could not get at the TCE Fair in Mid Valley a month earlier.

The first day early bird promotion did not intrigue me in the least, being a 50% off for Justice League Anti-Mosquito Bracelet 24 Pcs / Box by Simple-Dimple at only RM 165.00 (NP:RM 333.60), compared to the promotion launched last month at Mid Valley. Hence, we arrived around 11am instead and were greeted with a crawling queue of shoppers, many cars who have double parked on sides of the roads, full car parks at both SACC and SACC Mall. 

Luckily, we managed to get a parking at the open car park at the nearby Anggerik Mall, which was a 5 minutes walking distance from SACC, and allowed us upon exit to avoid the massive incoming traffic later at 3pm.

I didn’t take any photos of the event place as I was more focused on getting my bulky purchases in the small hall, which to me felt similar to the size of only 1 hall at Mid Valley’s Exhibition Centre. Quite a few brands I was hoping for were not present, such as Petpet, Piyo Piyo, Sweet Cherry, and Tiny Touch, but it was fine for me since I managed to get what I need from these brands at the last exhibit.

Anyways, the bulk purchases I aimed for the day for Pureen toiletries, detergents, cleaners, bath tub and accessories, a Holabebe play gym, maternity pads, Autumz bottle warmer, and the TYT herbal bath set during confinement period. As expected, the usual trolley we brought along was filled up pretty fast so my mom had to wait outside whilst we got the remaining bulky purchases after scouting the whole hall.

There were a number of snack stalls and a buffet cafe outside the hall within the building which made grabbing a quick lunch before heading home convenient. We did not stay for the lucky draw and stage shows/events this time, but when we left, the area was pretty packed with parents waiting for the afternoon events to begin.

Thereafter, I did any remaining bits of shopping online. With the merdeka sales going on, some baby/maternity/nursing clothes and accessories were selling at a pretty decent, if not cheap price, comparable with the prices at the fair itself. The main website I was in love with was http://maternityclothes.com.my/, which I made a pretty big purchase on, followed by a minor purchase at http://www.nile.com.my/index.php.

The items I bought from MaternityClothes, included baby bibs, newborn hats, some toys, low-rise maternity underwears, nursing bra, maternity dresses, maternity pants and nursing tops. I was really satisfied with the quality of products that came in for the promotion price that I paid, especially the maternity underwears as the cutting in front was low, the back support was high, and the whole underwear was stretchable, especially at the leg openings; perfect for me and my swelling hips and legs.

Baby Hat,Bibs, Toys, Maternity Underwear and Nursing Bras

Maternity Dresses, Nursing Tops and Maternity Pants

To top it off, their delivery and packing services was very efficient. If an item should be out of stock, they contacted me immediately within the next day of my paid order to sort it out – whether I would be replacing with another item of similar value or if I would want a lifetime voucher for the said amount. I took the voucher offer and 2 days later, the rest of the items had arrived at my door step.

After checking the quality and price of the stuff I got from them, i helped place a second order with them for another mom-to-be friend of mine a week later and used the given voucher for more purchases of maternity dresses, baby bibs, nursing bras and maternity underwears thereafter. Delivery was prompt again within 2 days of paid order, and we were very happy with the products and service. I’ve already added quite a number of items to my wishlist in my account, hoping they would next be on sale too, hehe.

Purchases at the Nile.com website were more trivial, as I had read reviews that cloth products from this site tend to be of lower quality and durability. Hence, I bought a simple bag, some travel/ clothes organisers and a baby hat to test it out. After receiving my goods, I agree with other consumer reviews that chances are most of their cloth goods are good for max a year’s worth, so taking advantage of the merdeka free delivery and special price promotion made it a pretty decent purchase. Personally, I may not come back to this site for future purchases, but their packing and delivery service were just as commendable as MaternityClothes, arriving within 2 days or my paid order online, and their point rewards system is pretty attractive, so I guess I’ll just keep it in mind for now.

Baby Hat, Ladies' Bag, Travel organiser and Clothes covers

Save for the baby car seat and confinement stuff needed, I was pretty much done here. Well, time now to get those clothes washed and other stuff sterilised, it’s gonna take awhile. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment